The arrival of cloud storage services has changed the way we store data and communicate with each other. It has simplified data management and storage while increasing productivity.
Organizations across California and the globe can avoid housing large, bulky filing cabinets full of physical files in their offices, and they don’t even need on site server storage capabilities.
What is the Cloud?
The cloud is a concept that is often confused, but it's actually quite simple. It is a system of offsite servers that individuals and businesses use to store their digital files and media. The servers are managed by a hosting company and individuals and organizations buy or rent digital space from them.
Cloud storage is used by people to store photos and music, rather than storing that information on their personal device.
A business may use the cloud to store essential documents and data.
The hosting company is responsible for the upkeep of the servers and ensuring that their users have constant access to their stored information.
How Has the Cloud Changed the Way We Do Business in Southern California?
The cloud has greatly impacted the way companies do business. Several benefits of using the cloud to store business information are:
- Scalability: only pay for the amount of storage you use
- Easy file sharing: a document hosted offsite can be accessed by anyone granted permissions
- Remote access: log in and access information from anywhere
- Increased security: hosting companies take extreme cautions to keep all data secure
- Natural disaster protection: servers are backed up often
- Reduced power/maintenance costs: you don’t have to pay for server maintenance or energy use
Get Free Quotes on Cloud Storage Services for Your Oakland Business
If you are looking to initiate cloud storage services for your organization, we’ll help you get started. Call us at (510) 984-3133 or fill out the form on the left and we’ll help you find a secure and affordable solution for your digital storage needs.